PDA

View Full Version : How to get the lib files for linking on VStudio?

thru
20th March 2011, 16:54
After installing Qt4.7 + the current VStudio addin I am not able to find where to get or how to generate the lib files needed to link the project under VS.

I had the Qt4.5 + the vsAddin running perfectly but frankly I don't remember what I did when I installed them.
Can anyone give me a hint?

wysota
20th March 2011, 17:12
Did you install the release of Qt for Visual Studio? If so, the required lib files should be there.

thru
20th March 2011, 17:52
Thanks for your reply. Is the "Qt SDK: Complete Development Environment" supposed to contain the lib files? or additionally I should install the Qt libraries 4.7.2 for Windows (VS 2008, 218 MB)?

By the way can coexist libraries for Mingw and VStudio? (Installing the VStudio libs would interfere with QtCreator compiling with gcc)

squidge
20th March 2011, 18:18
The Qt SDK contains pre-build lib files for MinGW, which is what is shipped with the Qt SDK. If you want VS compatible lib files you can either build them yourself, or download the pre-build lib files for VS.

Yes, you can install both MinGW and VS lib files, just put them in different folders and specify the location in your project.

wysota
20th March 2011, 18:18
Thanks for your reply. Is the "Qt SDK: Complete Development Environment" supposed to contain the lib files?
No, it's meant for MinGW and not for MSVC.

or additionally I should install the Qt libraries 4.7.2 for Windows (VS 2008, 218 MB)?
You only need the latter.

By the way can coexist libraries for Mingw and VStudio? (Installing the VStudio libs would interfere with QtCreator compiling with gcc)
If they are installed in different directories then yes.