PDA

View Full Version : Very frustrating problem with cmake

kurrachow
21st March 2011, 05:56
I am having a frustrating problem with cmake on windows. i have the kde libs installed.

when i am trying to compile my project with cmake . this shoots up again and again.

Found Qt-Version 4.7.0 (using C:/Qt/2010.05/qt/bin/qmake.exe)
CMake Error at c:/Program Files/KDE/share/apps/cmake/modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:198 (MESSAGE):
Did not find automoc4 (Automoc4Config.cmake, part of kdesupport).
(missing: AUTOMOC4_EXECUTABLE)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
c:/Program Files/KDE/share/apps/cmake/modules/FindAutomoc4.cmake:56 (find_package_handle_standard_args)
c:/Program Files/KDE/share/apps/cmake/modules/FindKDE4Internal.cmake:402 (find_package)
C:/Program Files/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindKDE4.cmake:95 (FIND_PACKAGE)
CMakeLists.txt:96 (find_package)

Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

Well i was digging around the net for this problem. and i got the automoc4 file which were missing with the default kde-win-installer. So i downloaded the files and ran cmake for the automoc4 and got the automoc4.exe which i place in the %KDE_INSTALL%/bin folder. But luck was not with me. And again my favorite error fires up.

Help me on this!!

wysota
21st March 2011, 10:22
You need to setup a proper kde development environment, having the binary end-user installation is not enough. You need to download the source bundle with kde and build it to have all the tools and other development files available.

kurrachow
21st March 2011, 16:14
Problem solved thanks to patrick and the kde-windows team.

the default installation of kde-win misses the automoc4 files so......

download the following files from this url (http://ftp.ussg.iu.edu/kde/stable/automoc4/0.9.88/automoc4-0.9.88.tar.bz2)

then open cmake-gui select the browse source to the downloaded folder, and build source to some folder.

generate the cmake , open cmd and navigate to the build folder and type mingw-make.

U then get the automoc4.exe.
1. place it in the %KDE_INSTALL%\bin.
2. Then place Automoc4Config.cmake,Automoc4.files.in and Automoc4Version.cmake in %KDE_INSTALL%\lib\automoc4.

Now just try .

SixDegrees
21st March 2011, 16:17
Sounds like a fairly typical cmake-controlled project. It's needlessly complex and wastes profound amounts of time just getting it to do what it was supposed to do in the first place.