PDA

View Full Version : problem with missing dll files

szisziszilvi
21st March 2011, 15:30
Hi!

I'm trying to get my application work outside the creator. I've tryed to find the missing dlls using the Dependency Walker, which were
mingwm10.dll
QtCore4.dll
QtGui4.dll
libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll

Then I tried to start my program and something strange happened: it did not seem to do anything, but an outfut file (used basically for my test outputs during the development) was created. The task managed does not show my application, so I gues it was closed.

Then I reloaded my program into dependency walker and i showd me more dependencies which should be there, but I can't understand what are they. I mean they are more dlls needed, available on the internet, but come on, they does not seem to be on my whole computer! Which would mean that I can run an application via the Creator without having them on the computer, but if I want to get a standalone application, I'll have to get them from somewhere.

Furthermore it seems to be a dll-chain. As I downloaded the first, more dlls are missing, which are not on the copmuter again. I'm a bit lost by now. :(

Szilvi

high_flyer
21st March 2011, 16:13
make sure your PATH points to QTDIR\lib

szisziszilvi
22nd March 2011, 07:33
I wold need some guidance to this. I see at Tools->Options->Qt4->Qt Versions
- Auto detected
Qt in path <not found>
- Manual
c:\qt\2010.05\bin\qmake.exe

it it what you mean?

stampede
22nd March 2011, 07:45
I think high_flyer meant the environment variable named PATH, it has to contain the path to Qt binaries and .dlls : how to set PATH on windows (http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000549.htm)

pradeeps
22nd March 2011, 10:39
Those dlls will be present in your QT/MingGW lib directory, either you need to set the system PATH variable to point them or to copy all those dlls to your application directory before executing. You can still make your application independent of those dlls by compiling statically.