PDA

View Full Version : QtCore4.dll, same SDK installation, different behavior in different windows systems

Tino
30th March 2011, 01:09
Hello,

I have the following strange problem: I compile my application in win7, it works perfectly, but when I deploy it in windows vista it starts to consume memory until it freezes.
If I install in vista the same Qt SDK that I use in win7 (using the same installer, downloaded yesterday) and I substitute the QtCore4.dll, it works!

If the Qt version is the same (in fact the SDK installer file is exactly the same) in win7 and vista, the QtCore4.dll should not be the same?

The behavior is different as I explained, and the md5sum differs from one to another.

Thanks,
Tino

wysota
30th March 2011, 10:32
What is eating up the memory? Have you used a memory leak detection tool to find out?

If the Qt version is the same (in fact the SDK installer file is exactly the same) in win7 and vista, the QtCore4.dll should not be the same?
Not necessarily, if installation paths differ.

Tino
6th April 2011, 10:47
At last the problem was that I changed the DLLs for the latest ones, but I missed the older imageformats plugins. Now all works fine.
However I'm surprised about the fact that the DLLs are different only because the different installation paths. I will search mor about it. Thanks.