high_flyer
30th March 2011, 18:56
I need help in my graduation project in Python
:rolleyes:
Ok, I'll byte...
What is the help you need?

wysota
30th March 2011, 18:58
Maybe he wants us to count the cars in a picture ;)

high_flyer
30th March 2011, 19:00
Please do not be stingy with your help for me
Tell you what:
You do your part asking questions that are worth answering, and we wont be stingy about it, do we have a deal?

stampede
30th March 2011, 19:12
Just to cheer you up - my friend master thesis program was similiar, it took him ~8 months to work properly (coded in Python as well), so if you are fast coder and have good mathematical background, I think you can graduate in September :)
Preparing a good thesis requires to do some serious work ( I was preparing mine ~1.5 year ), so don't expect someone to tell you how to write the program. You need to understand what are you doing, otherwise what's the point in doing it ?

Maybe he wants us to count the cars in a picture
serious rotfl

wysota
30th March 2011, 19:26
I had a project in one of the courses where I was detecting yacht sails. It took me two-three weeks to implement it and it "almost worked". Unfortunately "almost" is not good enough for graduation :)

squidge
30th March 2011, 20:32
Isn't the code like 30% of the actual score? With the research and documentation explaining how and why you did it like you did accounting for something like 50% ? The remaining 20% being something like "Does it actually work?"

It's been a few years, but "almost worked" with good quality code and excellent documentation still got a pass. I think I spent 2 months writing code but 4 months prior to that doing research, tests and documentation (explaining the tests got you bonus points too I believe)

As for the OP, even if we managed to count the number of cars in the picture, I don't think 30% is a pass until you already done the documentation, in which case, you already know how its going to be done and how it works, you just need to code it.

wysota
30th March 2011, 20:40
Isn't the code like 30% of the actual score? With the research and documentation explaining how and why you did it like you did accounting for something like 50% ? The remaining 20% being something like "Does it actually work?"

Actually my code indeed almost worked. Up to the point when I compiled it with MSVC, then it stopped working :) I must have had some maths issue somewhere deep in the classification code and there was no time to correct it. I received 20% of the points but that was good enough for me as I already had a grade from the course, I just needed to avoid getting negative points.

high_flyer
30th March 2011, 20:56
Few years back I remember the fft.lib was giving us wrong results in some cases when compiled with VS6 - on linux it worked correctly.
We assumed it had to do with optimization, but never dwelt on it too much, we just used linux. :)