PDA

View Full Version : Qt 4.4.3 not able to list directories and files from shared folder.

sumitgogna
31st March 2011, 10:46
I am trying to use QDir::entryList() to list files from a shared folder. Path is :

“//ComputerName/SharedFolder/Target”

Qt finds the directory but is not able to list the files inside it. With Qt 3.3.4 code was working perfectly fine. I tried entryInfoList() also but same result.

entryList in Qt4.4.3 works fine for Local Folders but not for shared folders. Any suggestions for getting it work or any work around ?

high_flyer
31st March 2011, 11:50
Try playing with the filter flags:
http://doc.qt.nokia.com/latest/qdir.html#Filter-enum
I would try to pass QDir::System, and if that doesn't work try: QDir::AllEntries | QDir::System

sumitgogna
31st March 2011, 13:20
Hello,

Thanks for your help. I tried with Different flags and with QDir::AllEntries | QDir::System also but none of them work. It's really strange, didn’t Nokia Testing team did proper testing ???

high_flyer
31st March 2011, 14:10
It's really strange, didn’t Nokia Testing team did proper testing ???
Just because it doesn't work in YOUR CODE it doesn't mean that Qt was not tested properly.
Qt is one of the tool kit which is better tested, as it is very popular and open source, which mean many people can and do check the internal code.
And in any software there may be bugs too - did you try the Qt bug tracker to see if there is a bug about this?
Its hard to say where the problem is with the little information you provided, or without knowing your code.