PDA

View Full Version : vs2010+Qt4.7.2+Addin1.1.9: The build must be stopped before the project can be closed

TorAn
3rd April 2011, 13:31
I am getting this extremely annoying popup every time I am compiling the project under VS2010+Qt4.7.2+Addin1.1.9:

"The build must be stopped before the project can be closed"

This is a fresh VS2010 install with patch applied + fresh installs of Qt and VSAddIn 1.1.9

(I found one reference here (http://www.qtcentre.org/threads/35252-VS-add-on-Error) on this issue, but the solution was to change some internal Qt settings and I don't think it applies to such standard case as mine)

Any help in getting rid of this popup will be greatly appreciated.

peter999
5th April 2011, 11:58
Hi, TorAn

same situation here. I tried to find the reason in log files, in Web,...

But no idea, where this comes from. I'm not sure, if this is a problem with VSAddIn, or if that is a bug in VS 2010..
I had big problems, to convert my Solution/Projects from VS 2008 to VS 2010, the conversion is absolute buggy ! Dependencies does not longer work like in VS 2008, dependencies are now stored in the project itself, and this kills batch build.

When using converted projects without rework, batch build run garbled platform settings (tried to link win32 libs to x64 objects and so on), but there was none dialog with the above message.... I had to remove the dependencies in the project file to bring it to work. But clicking right to the solution and select "build solution", everything works, but one has to do it four times, one for each platform/configuration combination....

Reworking (using #pragma comment(lib, "nameoflib")) allows now the correct batch build, but you always have to click on "cancel" in the first dialog and "OK" in second, then batch run continues till next time the dialog comes up again....

I added this problem to the msdn forums, I hope there is a solution soon....

But:

If anyone have a tip would make me happy.
Regards from germany,
Peter