PDA

View Full Version : 4.2 and lupdate

Byngl
16th October 2006, 13:58
I've updated from 4.1.4 to 4.2.0 and have found that running lupdate no longer generates any output for me. I get no error messages and the .ts files remain untouched. If I run the lupdate from v4.1.4 using the same project file, my translation files do get updated though.
I have tried deleting the existing .ts files, but I still get no output.

Anyone else having similar issues with lupdate?

Mike
16th October 2006, 16:02
Yes, I saw the same thing. No clue what happend. The app must still work however because when I use it integrated in the QDevelop IDE it does work and extracts all the string resources out of the projects source files. I have to find out how QDevelop does invoke the command...

jlbrd
22nd October 2006, 19:45
In QDevelop, the command is :

lupdate projectName.pro

Byngl
12th November 2007, 03:55
OK, finally got tired of having to run the 4.1.4 version and decided to look into this. It appears that between 4.1.4 and 4.2.0, lupdate started checking the extension of the passed project file. For projects, it expects a .pro extension. Unfortunately, the export function (added by Trolltech's qt-vsaddin-collection) exports the project as a .pri file, so no output is generated. So, changing the extension to .pro should allow lupdate to function properly once again.

Sorry jlbrd, if that is what you were implying, I totally missed the message.