PDA

View Full Version : Qt Assistant for custom help and multi-language

bec
14th April 2011, 08:54
We want to use Qt Assistant to view our help and we need to support multiple languages. I already studied the qt help and books and decided to use one qch-file for each language (which would also generate a separate namespace for each language). I also wrote a little test programm and everything works just fine.

Question 1:
Do you think it is a good solution to put every language in a different qch-file?

Question 2:
If yes, how to you make sure, that only the current language will be shown in the assistant? In my testprogramm I unregistered all the other languages-files. Is there a better way?

We want to provide context-sensitive help. This means that we have to call the assistant with namespace and the name of the html-file. I don't want to change my source-code just because there is a new supported language. So the html-files need to have the same filename in all languages (and I only have to parametrize the namespace).
The best thing would be to have no restrictions in the naming of the html-files and also no need to change the source-code when adding a new language. This sounds like inserting a layer to handle this...

Question 3:
What is the recommended solution to provide context-sensitive help while preventing to change the source code for a new language and as a bonus no need to keep the html-files name-synchronized?

Thank you in advance for your help :-)