PDA

View Full Version : errors details

valy12
15th April 2011, 09:28
Hi everybody!
I'm trying to compile a projet on Qt but I've got an error. The problem? I haven't any details on it... :(
Qt just say : debug\viewer.exe:: error: 27 unresolved externals
When I click on it, it's written in red : File not found : debug\viewer.exe
That's normal, because there are errors during compilation so the .exe cannot exist...

Is there a way to have details on those errors?

Thanks

ChrisW67
15th April 2011, 09:34
The compiler and/or linker will be outputting a bunch of information before the single terse error message you bothered to post here. Without that there is no hope that we can help. Without any information on what tools you are using we are going to have a hard time telling you exactly where to look for the compiler linker output; the output will probably be visible in a window or pane of your IDE.

valy12
15th April 2011, 09:57
Well, sorry, I'm using Qt 4.6.3 on Windows Seven
I haven't seen that my checkbox errors put itself automaticaly on Build Issue part, so I check the Compile Output part to have more informations
While you're there, have you got any idea to solve those warnings :
qtmaind.lib(qtmain_win.obj) : warning LNK4229: invalid directive '/FAILIFMISMATCH:_MSC_VER=1600' encountered; ignored
qtmaind.lib(qtmain_win.obj) : warning LNK4229: invalid directive '/FAILIFMISMATCH:_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL=2' encountered; ignored

ChrisW67
16th April 2011, 05:01
I'm using Qt 4.6.3 on Windows Seven
... and the Microsoft Visual Studio 20?? IDE and compiler?

Linker Tools Warning LNK4229: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/58kyks4s.aspx
If you have used any any
#pragma comment( comment-type [,"commentstring"] ) preprocessor directives in your code you should check them. However, given that warnings seem to be related to the Qt libraries it may that they were built with a Microsoft compiler (VS2010 perhaps) other than the one you are using now. Perhaps rebuilding Qt with the same compiler will eliminate the warning message.

It is just a warning though, so ignoring it might be OK. Perhaps someone that uses the VS C++ compilers can enlighten us.