PDA

View Full Version : How can i build a source viewer for debugger

blobgrinder
17th October 2006, 16:55
Hello everybody,

For my student project, i should build a GUI for a compiler about a small langage , ( see http://meusburger.net/matthias/CV/MiniJaja/documents/grammaire.html)
and we should add features for debugging a simple program for example breakpoints or step-by-step instruction evaluation.
I have choice Qt4.2.0 for that ;) and I have no idea how doing a sourceview where i can add breakpoint like some IDE with line number ( like this http://qdevelop.org/captures/debugging.png
) I have tried to open ui file from QIde with Designer but he crash ! :crying:

So if someone could me explain how this widget could be build I am very interesting ....

Thanks.

ps: excuse me for my bad English .. :p

e8johan
18th October 2006, 13:00
The author of QDevelop is French, so drop him a mail.

fullmetalcoder
20th October 2006, 08:15
QDevelop might help you but it does what you want in a very "closed" way... I mean that you will face troubles when trying to integrate its code into your project...

I myself developped a more flexible and evolutive solution for use with Edyuk : QCodeEdit. It is licensed under LGPL, though I didn't update the specific packages on Sf.net :o , and the last version should fit all your needs. To get it just download Edyuk 0.6.0-b. If you have questions just drop me an e-mail : I'm french as well! :)

blobgrinder
24th October 2006, 11:50
Hello ,

QDevelop might help you but it does what you want in a very "closed" way... I mean that you will face troubles when trying to integrate its code into your project...

I myself developped a more flexible and evolutive solution for use with Edyuk : QCodeEdit. It is licensed under LGPL, though I didn't update the specific packages on Sf.net :o , and the last version should fit all your needs. To get it just download Edyuk 0.6.0-b. If you have questions just drop me an e-mail : I'm french as well! :)

Thank you for your reply , I will read this specific part quickly .
I think you are right about QDevelop , i would like just know how can I build a souce viewer
and start it from scratch but QCodeEdit is here !
;)