PDA

View Full Version : Using Qt sdk 1.1

kurrachow
18th April 2011, 12:10
I just downloaded the QT sdk 1.1 as i was getting some errors in the previous versions of qt.

now How do i deploy my application with static linking in windows with mingw . the sdk doesnt have configure.exe.

how to i deploy my application.

Zlatomir
18th April 2011, 12:23
Here (http://doc.qt.nokia.com/latest/deployment-windows.html) is the documentation link.

Basically you need the Qt source code and you need to build that code static (the SDK is already built, but only dynamic) - you can use the SDK updater to download Qt source code and then follow the link tutorial to build the framework (they usually say nmake<Visual Studio make command>, don't forget to replace that with mingw32-make if you want to use MinGW compiler)

LE: If you go with static - make sure you obey the LGPL - since it's got some restrictions about static.

Or the simple method is to just copy the required .dll files in the same folder as the .exe

kurrachow
18th April 2011, 12:30
So when i download the 4.7.3 sources and configure and build it in static mode what happens to the already build dynamic ones.

so if i want my application to be deployed dynamically the shipped build is enough?? .

can u please elaborate.

Zlatomir
18th April 2011, 12:43
You can use a different folder and everything will be ok. (i mean copy/move the source in C:\Qt4.7.3-static\ and build it in there)
You will just need to add a new Qt version in Qt Creator Projects tab. (i use this to target VC++ Qt build with Creator)

//i can't give you more details because i didn't built static Qt, but it should work fine the way i described earlier - as i said i have more versions that use total different tools (one uses MinGW and the other Visual Studio 2010).

kurrachow
18th April 2011, 13:54
Thanks now i get the picture