PDA

View Full Version : How to develop top quality style sheets?

stephanehamel
19th April 2011, 15:48
Hello everyone,

I'm wondering how experienced Qt team do the branding of their user interface with style sheets. People are usually good in art/design or programming, but not both. Style sheets requires both quality.

Is it reasonable to think I can find someone who can develop Qt style sheets? Or should I look for a graphic designer and team the person with a developer to create style sheets?

wysota
19th April 2011, 16:04
Style sheets are meant to be created by designers/artists.

stephanehamel
20th April 2011, 17:18
1. If so, would you ask a web designer to develop css and then convert those css into Qt Style Sheets?
2. Should I expect many incompatibilities between css and Qt Style Sheets? The documentation suggest the two formats are quite alike.
Thanks for your comments...

wysota
20th April 2011, 17:51
1. If so, would you ask a web designer to develop css and then convert those css into Qt Style Sheets?
If he doesn't complain much about differences then why not.

2. Should I expect many incompatibilities between css and Qt Style Sheets? The documentation suggest the two formats are quite alike.
Thanks for your comments...
If something works then it works the same in CSS and QSS. But some things are not available with Qt Stylesheets. The person creating the styles need to consult the reference manual on what a particular widget class supports or not.