PDA

View Full Version : qwt 6.0 errors in the headers files ?

Kangs
24th April 2011, 18:26
Hi,

I've downloaded qwt 6.0 today.
When i compile there are a lot of errors like : "/usr/local/qwt-6.0.0/include/qwt_text.h:213:58: warning: extra ‘;’"

With the rc5 no errors.

Uwe
25th April 2011, 20:10
This is a warning ( not an error ! ) about a pointless ';' at the end of a macro.

What compiler with which options are you using ?

Uwe

Kangs
27th April 2011, 18:19
This is a warning ( not an error ! ) about a pointless ';' at the end of a macro.

What compiler with which options are you using ?

Uwe
Compiler

kangs@kangs:~/dev/oestn2/src> g++ -v
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=g++
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.5/lto-wrapper
Target: x86_64-suse-linux
Configured with: ../configure --prefix=/usr --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man --libdir=/usr/lib64 --libexecdir=/usr/lib64 --enable-languages=c,c++,objc,fortran,obj-c++,java,ada --enable-checking=release --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.5 --enable-ssp --disable-libssp --disable-plugin --with-bugurl=http://bugs.opensuse.org/ --with-pkgversion='SUSE Linux' --disable-libgcj --disable-libmudflap --with-slibdir=/lib64 --with-system-zlib --enable-__cxa_atexit --enable-libstdcxx-allocator=new --disable-libstdcxx-pch --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --program-suffix=-4.5 --enable-linux-futex --without-system-libunwind --enable-gold --with-plugin-ld=/usr/bin/gold --with-arch-32=i586 --with-tune=generic --build=x86_64-suse-linux
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.5.0 20100604 [gcc-4_5-branch revision 160292] (SUSE Linux)

Options : -m64 -pipe -g -ansi -Wall -pedantic -Wno-long-long -fno-gnu-keywords -std=gnu++98 -D_REENTRANT -Wall -W

Uwe
28th April 2011, 07:36
O.k. the pedantic flag is responsible these warnings. I've removed the trailing ";" in SVN ( trunk + 6.0 branch ), but in the end you will have to live with certain warnings if you enable flags like this one.

Uwe