PDA

View Full Version : how to trace to the source of qt framework while debugging

huyanke
27th April 2011, 02:05
hi,

I am new to Qt. I want to trace back to Qt framework source files while debugging. And it is said I need to build the source to do it. And I did it using Visual Studio 2008.

The building is successful. And I see Bin files and Lib files. The thing is that I canno run the examples in Visual Studio, and when i click a sample exe, e.g. fancybrowser.exe, it will fail. But if I copy all lib files to this folder, fancybrwoser will run.

All I want to do is to trace back to Qt source files while debugging, is there some easy way to do this?

thanks,

Yanke

ChrisW67
27th April 2011, 03:34
This is nothing unique to Qt or debugging Qt. Like any Windows application the demos need to be able to find their dependencies. If these dependencies cannot be found then the application fails. Put the relevant Qt bin directory in the PATH of the environment that Visual Studio uses to run your programs.

huyanke
27th April 2011, 19:44
Thank you! I also think so, but just cannot work out. I will continue trying. Do you think if I want to trace to the source code of Qt library, I need to build my own version? I saw src files in SDK. I thought I can directly use that....

This is nothing unique to Qt or debugging Qt. Like any Windows application the demos need to be able to find their dependencies. If these dependencies cannot be found then the application fails. Put the relevant Qt bin directory in the PATH of the environment that Visual Studio uses to run your programs.