PDA

View Full Version : Configure qt Libraries for Wince with mingw

rickrvo
27th April 2011, 16:03
Hi,

After alot of struggle I've managed to configure and successfully build qt libraries for winCE.

Now my problem is that my project uses some includes from mingw and the wince libraries don't have them...

is there a way to configure for wince with mingw?

ChrisW67
28th April 2011, 00:17
Windows CE's only supported compiler is MSVC 2005 WinCE 5.0 Standard (x86, pocket, smart, mipsii) or MSVC 2008 WinCE Embedded 6.0 Professional depending on version.

The includes from MingW should be a direct parallel to something in the Windows API. As I understand it, Win CE has a cut down API, so if you use something from the full Windows API that is not in the Win CE subset then you will have problems regardless of the compiler.

rickrvo
28th April 2011, 11:21
I know I won't use all functionalities that is implemented for windows. I've made a light Maemo version of my application which is the one I'm trying to port to windows mobile. I just need to get passed all the errors lol

I've managed to configure mingw for windows to xplatform wincewm60professional-msvc2008 but I can't add it on Qt add-in in VS. (it says: this qt version is not compatible to your current visual studio. Qt builds VS version:0 current version:1500) googleing this error I've read somewhere that qt add-in only supports build for VS or wince.

I've also tried to "cheat" copying mingw's include folder to the wince build but it end's up with strange errors...

Is there another way to get mingw for wince?

rickrvo
9th May 2011, 10:28
anyone got mingw for WinCE?