PDA

View Full Version : what is this error?

pr.sh.m.b
4th May 2011, 01:34
Hello every one ^_^

I am a novice in Qt and I faced this error for my first test

"

Running build steps for project finalProject...
Configuration unchanged, skipping qmake step.
Starting: "C:\QtSDK\QtCreator\bin\jom.exe"
C:\QtSDK\QtCreator\bin\jom.exe -nologo -j 2 -f Makefile.Debug
c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3\msvc2008\bin\uic.exe ..\finalProject\finalprojectimplementation.ui -o ui_finalprojectimplementation.h
C:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3\msvc2008\bin\moc.exe -DUNICODE -DWIN32 -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQT_DLL -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_HAVE_MMX -DQT_HAVE_3DNOW -DQT_HAVE_SSE -DQT_HAVE_MMXEXT -DQT_HAVE_SSE2 -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -I"..\..\..\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3\msvc2008\include\Q tCore" -I"..\..\..\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3\msvc2008\include\Q tGui" -I"..\..\..\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3\msvc2008\include" -I"..\..\..\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3\msvc2008\include\A ctiveQt" -I"debug" -I"." -I"..\finalProject" -I"." -I"..\..\..\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3\msvc2008\mkspecs\w in32-msvc2008" -D_MSC_VER=1500 -DWIN32 ..\finalProject\finalprojectimplementation.h -o debug\moc_finalprojectimplementation.cpp

jom 1.0.4 - empower your cores

'c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3\msvc2008\bin\uic.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
command failed with exit code 1
command failed with exit code 2
The process "C:\QtSDK\QtCreator\bin\jom.exe" exited with code 2.
Error while building project finalProject (target: Desktop)
When executing build step 'Make'

"

could you help me?

Thanks in advance.

ChrisW67
4th May 2011, 01:45
The error is exactly what the error message says. The Makefile contains paths to executables that do not exist on your build system. Since the Makefile is generated by qmake it seems likely you have not used qmake from a Qt build on this machine.

Clean out the build, rerun qmake, and rebuild.

pr.sh.m.b
4th May 2011, 03:45
Thank you for your answer but sorry I did not understand :confused:

How can I run qmake file? and where can I find it?

why this project did not work this time while it was work before a few seconds and I did not change anything, just add new (push Button) ?

Thanks in Advance.

ChrisW67
4th May 2011, 07:10
Computers are deterministic: if it works one moment, and nothing changes, then it will work the next moment too. The corollary is that something must have changed between when it worked and when it did not. Just adding a push button has caused the make program to rebuild the corresponding UI file. Unfortunately for you, either your Makefile or your environment are badly broken and it cannot find the UI compiler (uic). You have an odd, non-standard set of directory paths so only you can determine exactly what is broken.

qmake is a program that is part of Qt. You find it in the Qt bin directory. Its the thing to that reads and acts on your project (PRO) file to produce a Makefile for a make utility. If you use the wrong instance of qmake, copy a Makefile from another system, or move Qt after install then you can get the sort of problems you are experiencing.

In Qt Creator you want to select the option to Rebuild All from the build menu.

pr.sh.m.b
4th May 2011, 10:30
thank you for helping me

I remove the whole qt SDK and start install it again.

The attached file show you the error message appeared related to qmake.exe file

what should I do?

I cancel the installation :(

thanks in Advance.

ChrisW67
5th May 2011, 01:52
It looks like your download is corrupt, so I'd verify that first. Then I'd make sure I have any prerequisites installed.

Ultimately, the error message tells you what to do if the download is good.