PDA

View Full Version : Help me for learn Qt.

Sparkle24
4th May 2011, 08:59
Hello Guys...
I want to learn Qt. But I don't have any idea about C or C++. But I want to learn Qt.
I want to make a Dictionary. Like English to other language.

Guys help me.
I don't know how to work with slots, main.cpp etc...
I use nokia qt sdk, qt creator 2.1.

Guys,
is it necessary to learn c or c++ for Qt programming?
Help me.
:-(
Thanx...

squidge
4th May 2011, 09:10
Before you even think about learning Qt, you need to learn C++. There are many tutorials on the web to help you in your quest.

mcosta
4th May 2011, 09:15
Hi,
Qt is C++ framework, so if you are intersted to learn Qt you have to learn C++ and then learn Qt.

After you learned C++ concepts such Inheritance, polymorfism you can start to read about Qt here

Enjoy Qt

wambagilles
4th May 2011, 09:31
You need to learn C++ before, because you will be writting your programs in C++ using Qt for whatever feature you will like.

Sparkle24
4th May 2011, 10:30
Thank U guys.
But how can I learn c++?
& What software can I use ?

frenk_castle
4th May 2011, 11:12
There are many books you can use to start learning C++. My recommendation is C++ Primer by Stanley B. Lippman. I believe 5th edition is the latest one. There are many other great books but in my opinion this one is in the top five C++ books for absolute beginners.

Software depends on the platform you use. On Windows you can download Microsoft Visual C++ Express edition. Edition 2010 is the latest one. It is free to download and install and you can use it for standard C++ programs. You can also use Qt IDE for windows, or NetBeans or Eclipse. They are also free.

On Linux you can use any text editor to write code and compile from command line. You can also use Qt IDE or NetBeans or Eclipse.

My advice regarding software is to go to some forum that specialize in standard C++ tell the people there what platform you use and let them recommend software you can use to write and compile standard C++ code.

If I can help you more don't hesitate to ask.

mcosta
4th May 2011, 11:13
For C++ I suggest you and C++ Annotations (http://www.icce.rug.nl/documents/cplusplus/) and Thinking in C++ (http://www.mindview.net/Books/TICPP/ThinkingInCPP2e.html).

For software I suggest to learn about single tools (gcc, make, ...) and after use an IDE (Qt Creator)

Sparkle24
4th May 2011, 11:36
Many Many Many thanx.
I'm using Windows 7 ultimate x64 & OpenSuSE 11.4 GNOME, KDE x86-64.
Recently I installed Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate.
I need some tutorial. Can u give me some address for video tutorial ?

Guys many many many thanks again.
& sorry for ma poor english.

wambagilles
8th May 2011, 19:58
heu, google is your friend, eveything you need to learn anything is available on the net, good luck!

squidge
8th May 2011, 23:21
Hey, if you can afford Windows 7 Ultimate and Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate you have some serious cash, so you can no doubt afford some good books too! I would also suggest C++ Primer and perhaps also some decent reference books (Eg. C++: The Complete Reference, 4th Edition).

nightghost
9th May 2011, 10:04
If you have no experience in C++ it may be easier to use bindings to another language you may already know. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qt_%28framework%29#Bindings)