PDA

View Full Version : QSslSocket Problems

Jivings
4th May 2011, 15:21
Hello all, I've been working on my first real QT project for Symbian.
Unfortunately I'm getting the following errors when attempting to deploy my project to the QT Simulator:

QSslSocket: cannot resolve OPENSSL_add_all_algorithms_noconf
QSslSocket: cannot resolve OPENSSL_add_all_algorithms_conf
QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function OPENSSL_add_all_algorithms_noconf

I have openssl installed. My platform is Windows.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jivings

wysota
4th May 2011, 20:19
Apparently your app can't find OpenSSL. Maybe you need to add it to your PATH.

Jivings
6th May 2011, 10:12
Thanks for your reply, but that was also my first idea.

I added the openSSL home and bin directory to my path and recompiled QT. No change.

wysota
6th May 2011, 12:36
You don't need to recompile Qt. OpenSSL needs to be available when you run your app.

Jivings
10th May 2011, 16:37
Is there any reason why it would not be available? It is installed and on the PATH.

wysota
11th May 2011, 12:37
There can be many reasons, just like with any other framework/app.

Jivings
11th May 2011, 15:26
Can you suggest any? I thought this was a support forum. If you don't know then let me know, but I'm stumped.

wysota
11th May 2011, 16:21
The thing is your issue is not likely related to Qt. I can suggest that you try to write a simple application that links with OpenSSL directly and see if it launches. If so, Qt's SSL capabilities should also work and if they don't then that's the fault of something else than your OpenSSL installation. But if the app fails to launch with missing OpenSSL, you'll know where to look for problems.

Jivings
11th May 2011, 17:58
All apps, however simple are giving the same SSL errors. What do you think this is a problem with then?

Thanks for your help.

wysota
12th May 2011, 07:39
Are you linking explicitly with OpenSSL?

Jivings
18th May 2011, 13:41
I found the problem. My setup may be a bit different from the usual, so I don't know how relevant my solution will be to anyone else experiencing the same problem.

Anyway I am using PhoneGap (http://www.phonegap.com) libraries as part of my QT project. PhoneGap acts as a wrapper around plain html and Javascript to allow you to create an application without writing in the native language.
So I searched through all the PhoneGap files and could not find anything that would require SSL support.

But yesterday I noticed that in my html source I was accessing an external file located on an SSL encrypted website (https). Doh! This was what was causing the problem, though I still don't know why it was.

Hopefully I've provided enough keywords for anyone else with the same problem to find this post :) and thanks for your help wysota! :)