PDA

View Full Version : Help with QT Tetris Game Title Screen!

Ofthe01
6th May 2011, 06:23
Hey everyone,

I need some help with a QT Creator project due tomorrow! Basically, we've finished the gameplay, but I just wanted to implement a title screen for tetris that has three basic buttons: easy, medium and hard.

These buttons are also on the gameplay screen, and I want to somehow connect these same buttons to the ones on the title screen.

Gist of the game: Basically, there is a Tetris UI (displaying the playing screen) and a soon-to-be Title UI (displaying the title screen). All the Tetris related files (tetris.ui, tetris.h, tetris.cpp) are working perfectly. However, my problem is connecting the files in the Title class.

The problem in specific: I can't get the title screen to work. Theres several things I'm unsure of:

1. Connecting the easy/medium/hard buttons on the "title" UI to the buttonPressed() function in the .cpp code.

2. Somehow executing the Tetris class (the main game) from the Title.cpp and connecting easy/medium/hard to the easy/medium/hard functions in the Tetris.h file.

3. Not sure if all of the code in the Title class (ui, .h, .cpp files) are correct.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks.

EDIT: The tetris.cpp file is too big to be uploaded (it's over 1000 lines of code, but if requested, I will send it through some other means).

Ofthe01
8th May 2011, 01:24
Could anyone help?? Thanks.