PDA

View Full Version : QWebview not displaying jpg, gif, png images on another machines

missoni
6th May 2011, 13:20
Hello!

Today I came across a very strange error with QWebView which I cannot resolve myself.

I included a QWebView widget in my application. When I set a URL or a piece of HTML code to display (with QWebView::setUrl() or QWebView::setHtml()), it works very well on my machine. It also works on all machines that have Qt installed, but not on those without it. I compiled a release build and included all necessary libraries as shared (QtWebKit4.dll, QtNetwork4.dll etc.), so I guess my error lies in that I forgot to include some libraries.

If anybody has already had such an error, I would be very grateful for help!

totem
6th May 2011, 13:34
Hi

You probably forgot to deploy image plugins (there are plenty of threads discussing this issue and how to solve it, see "Similar Threads" below, for example http://www.qtcentre.org/threads/16154-Problem-with-displaying-jpeg-and-gif-images-in-QT4)

missoni
6th May 2011, 15:14
Thank you! That solved my problem!

it is strange, that developers do not mention anything about including additional image libraries when compiling an application that uses QWebView.