PDA

View Full Version : Qt Assistant Qt Assistant as Custom Help Viewer - Home button

davidb
6th May 2011, 20:13
Hi,

The <homePage> tag in my .qhcp file doesn't appear to work. Sometimes it seems to set the page I specify in that tag to be the value in Edit..Preferences..Options..Homepage; sometimes not. Either way, clicking the Home button does not work. Sometimes it does nothing, sometimes it says the page could not be found - and gives what looks to me to be a perfectly valid path.

Any ideas? Or worst case, is there a way to get the viewer to not show the Home button?

Thanks,
David

Raadush
3rd December 2012, 12:59
Hi, don't know if you found the answer yourself or not, but I have the same problem now. Seems like <homePage> and <startPage> tags absolutely don't work for me. My start page is always the last page I was looking before closing assistant and home page always what I last set in assistant options so tags homePage and startPage are never propagated into assistant to rewrite those "last set" options. Any solution? And please don't say I have wrong path I have copy pasted it from assistant app when I set homepage manually