PDA

View Full Version : Qt Creator Debugging shortcuts broken by Ubuntu 11.04

gmiller39
8th May 2011, 22:39
I just upgraded to Ubuntu 11.04. Unity seems to have broken the ability to use key shortcuts for the "step over" command in qtcreator.

I assume this is related to Unity binding the F10 key (standard Step Over key shortcut) to the menu bar. However, when I disable this feature, I am still not able to get it to work in the QtCreator debugger. I have also tried assigning other custom shortcuts to this command and none of them seem to work. I even upgraded to the most recent QtCreator, hoping this may address the issue, but this also did not help.

Any suggestions or solutions to this problem would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Greg

wysota
8th May 2011, 23:15
You can assign "step over" a different shortcut.

gmiller39
9th May 2011, 11:18
You can assign "step over" a different shortcut.

I have also tried assigning other custom shortcuts to this command and none of them seem to work.

Yes, I tried this. For some reason it does not work.

wysota
9th May 2011, 13:04
So maybe that's not the problem.

miwarre
25th May 2011, 18:41
I recently upgraded to Ubuntu 11.04 AND to Qt SDK 1.1 at the same time and I am facing the same problem.

Note:
a) I use the Ubuntu Classic interface, not the Useless new interface.
b) I have installed the latest pre-compiled Qt SDK binaries (32bit), without compiling it myself.

I noticed the following:

1) The issue affects F10 (Step Over) and F5 (Run) most of the times; F9 (Toggle Breakpoint) often and F11 (Step Into) sometime.

2) By keeping the keys pressed longer, they finally work; usually the key auto-repeat had already kicked in and I get several 'clicks' in a row (which is not convenient, of course!)

3) After I use the menu item once instead of the shortcut, the F10 key works fine a few time (4 or 5), then it resumes its lazy behaviour.

So, this does not seem to be related to Unity key binding(s), rather it seems some other kind of interaction between the OS and Qt Creator itself.

Hoping it might help...

morosev
30th May 2011, 12:05
Try this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTPvtkDX8vc
The video is for Midnight Commander, but works for Qt Creator too.
Regards,
Vladimir

gmiller39
1st June 2011, 13:36
I still have not resolved this issue. The link posted by morosev seemed useful but in the end did not help. It is worth mentioning that I am unable to bind F10 to anything in Matlab either. Though in Matlab, I can bind other keys to the step over command. I have no problems with this when I run KDE.

lclemens@gmail.com
13th July 2011, 01:23
i fixed it by using the compiz config settings manager (ccsm). you might need to install it via synaptic package manager if you don't have it. run it, then click "ubuntu unity plugin", then on the "behavior" tab change "key to open the first panel menu" from F10 to Disabled or whatever you want. click apply. meow you can use F10 to step over.