PDA

View Full Version : Deploying a hello world program on windows:Entry Point Not Found

thefatladysingsopera
9th May 2011, 18:18
I am trying to deploy a hello world program in windows and i am getting this error:

The procedure entry point _Z5qFreePv could not be located in the dynamic link library QtCore4.dll

I have built my exe in release mode and i have the following dlls residing in the same folder the exe is in:

-QtCore4.dll
-QtGui4.dll
-libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll
-mingwm10.dll

What could be the problem.

Zlatomir
9th May 2011, 19:12
This usually happens when you copy the wrong dll - there are some dlls with the SDK that are built with Visual Studio, if you have the old SDK the correct path from where to copy the dlls is something like: C:\Qt\2010.05\qt\bin the ones from: C:\Qt\2010.05\bin wont work. And for the new SDK the path is something like: C:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3\mingw\bin
//this depends on the path you installed the SDK

thefatladysingsopera
9th May 2011, 19:32
This usually happens when you copy the wrong dll - there are some dlls with the SDK that are built with Visual Studio, if you have the old SDK the correct path from where to copy the dlls is something like: C:\Qt\2010.05\qt\bin the ones from: C:\Qt\2010.05\bin wont work. And for the new SDK the path is something like: C:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3\mingw\bin
//this depends on the path you installed the SDK

I solved the problem and everything is working now.Thanks for the help Zlatomir.

This link was also useful: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3675450/170-mb-hello-world-deploying-apps-with-qt/3676053#3676053