PDA

View Full Version : Problem with nested dock (Border Related).

pastispast
10th May 2011, 16:23
Hello Friends,

I am facing a problem related to nested dock.

I am having a mainwindow application with only dockwidgets. I have used leftdock and rightdock area for the widget.

While loading the application I am getting the proper layout. But when I move any window from right area to left area and makes the windows as nested then nested window is displayed at the border and due this sizing/resizing got affected.

Is there any possible solution for this problem.

I am using QT 4.7.0 with Visual Stusio.

I have attached the images along with the post.

Note: Here I have just given the color to the widget but actually dock widget contains complex drawing and controls.

pastispast
11th May 2011, 11:32
The problem looks like that the back window is not properly positioned...But I am not able to figure out the solution of this problem...Is there any way to avoid it:confused:

MarekR22
11th May 2011, 12:31
QMainWindow::dockOptions-prop

QMainWindow::DockOption-enum

disable QMainWindow::AllowTabbedDocks.

pastispast
11th May 2011, 14:51
QMainWindow::dockOptions-prop

QMainWindow::DockOption-enum

disable QMainWindow::AllowTabbedDocks.

Hi MarekR22,

Thanks for the reply but if I will disable the "AllowTabbedDocks" and set the mainwindow option as:

setDockOptions(QMainWindow::AnimatedDocks);

then nesting will not enable for docks.

MarekR22
11th May 2011, 15:01
So what is you problem? I thought that you where surprised by this tabs.
What do you mean by "then nested window is displayed at the border and due this sizing/resizing got affected"? What is wrong with it?

pastispast
11th May 2011, 15:26
Hi MarekR22,

Once again thanks for the reply...

The problem is that when I moved one dock-widget to the another dock-widget (Say 2'nd is docked to 1'st) then in such case consider 2nd dock is active (it is on 1'st dock), then the 1'st dock widget slightly comes to down with respect to the 2nd one and it extended from the border of 2'nd dock.

Due to this I did not get gap after the dock widgets and resizing is not possible with another docks (Weird images behind nested docked windows - between separation lines and no arrow indicators in this area). Please refer the 3rd image that I have attached along with the post.

pastispast
13th May 2011, 07:49
Finally I identified the problem...Problem was the move event for the dock widgets. Because of the move event the "Weird" behavior was coming.

Once again thanks for your suggestion on this issue...Thanks