PDA

View Full Version : Odd QtCored4.dll error (not missing!)

Wasabi
11th May 2011, 19:00
I am trying to run a program I made in Qt, but have gotten a strange error:

"The procedure entry point ?detach@QListData@@QAEPAUData@1@H@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library QtCore4.dll"

I've searched online for an answer, but can't find anything related to this. I've found other people with other "procedure entry point" errors, but they were all after the user updated his version of Qt. I haven't.

So any help would be appreciated.

Zlatomir
11th May 2011, 19:45
Make sure you copied the right QtCore4.dll (the one built with the same compiler that you used to build your application), for example if you use the older Qt SDK the path from which to copy the dll is something like: C:\Qt\2010.05\qt\bin the ones from: C:\Qt\2010.05\bin wont work and for the 1.1 SDK the path looks like: C:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3\mingw\bin

Also make sure that you didn't copy some other version of the Qt dlls in windows\system32\.
And if you can't figure this out tell us more information about SDK version used, Qt version, compiler version.

Wasabi
11th May 2011, 20:11
As I said, I haven't updated my version of Qt and it was working the last time I used it (a month or so ago). I'm using Visual C++ 2008 Express with Qt 4.6.3. And what do you mean "copied" the .dll? I never had QtCore4d in my project directory.

squidge
11th May 2011, 23:07
As stated, this error occurs because a program attempts to load the wrong version of a DLL. Perhaps you installed or uninstalled some software and it altered your path settings. One way to fix the problem is to copy the relevent required DLLs into your projects directory (along with the executable). Another would be to ensure your path is correct, the "crack nut with mallet" approach would be to reinstall Qt.