PDA

View Full Version : Deploying application from Visual Studio 2008 with Add-In compl. stucked and confused

FlashMuller
12th May 2011, 20:07
Hi everybody,
I'm completely stuck, confused and overchallenged by the task to deploy my Application. The task is pretty simple: I've got my application all setup and running in Debug as well as in Release-mode in Visual Studio 2008 with Add-In. So my naive idea was to create a Setup-Project, built that, run the setup and be happy.
When I did so the application didn't start, saying that it couldn't be startet correctly (0xc000007b). So I tried to find some aswers on that, and now I don't know what to do anymore at all.

What I need is a simple step by step tutorial to help me deploy my application, including all the files (do I need msvcp90.dll or don't I?) and steps inside (or outside?) visual studio to get my application running somehow.

As you might have noticed I've got really no idea on that topic, so I'm sorry if I missed any essential information.

Thanks,
Daniel

Added after 8 minutes:

F***ING HELL!!!
It works -.-
I've got no idea why, I just took the created Exe and copied it with all the dlls into one folder.... works.
So no installation for my App.
thx anyway

Lesiok
13th May 2011, 08:20
Did You read how to deploy Qt application on Windows (http://doc.trolltech.com/4.7/deployment-windows.html#building-qt-as-a-shared-library) ?