PDA

View Full Version : Problem with building (I get always release mode in 4.7.3)

Mirko1974
12th May 2011, 21:04
Hi there,
I have a problem with Qt 4.7.3 and building.

Even if I choose to build in debug mode QTCreator builds in release mode (I can see "mingw32-make -f Makefile.Release" in the compile output.

this is a problem because I need to test and debug my application.

Can Anyone help me?

Thanks,
Mirko

P.S. I have the same problem with 4.7.0.
I tried to delete the <program>.pro.user and to re-install the sdk from scratch but nothing.

Added after 7 minutes:

a little integration:

1) I try to compile as Debug.
2) Then I try to run it from QCreator, and it doesn't start... it doesn't find the exe in the debug folder it compiled, against my orders, in release mode).
3) I switch in Release mode.
4) then I run.
5) I get the message : "This does not seem to be a "Debug" build. Setting breakpoints by file name and line number may fail."

I don't know.
It seems like something got mess up.

But I Don't know how to fix it.

Please help me.

Mirko

franco.amato
12th May 2011, 21:33
Hi there,
I have a problem with Qt 4.7.3 and building.

Even if I choose to build in debug mode QTCreator builds in release mode (I can see "mingw32-make -f Makefile.Release" in the compile output.

this is a problem because I need to test and debug my application.

Can Anyone help me?

Thanks,
Mirko

P.S. I have the same problem with 4.7.0.
I tried to delete the <program>.pro.user and to re-install the sdk from scratch but nothing.

Added after 7 minutes:

a little integration:

1) I try to compile as Debug.
2) Then I try to run it from QCreator, and it doesn't start... it doesn't find the exe in the debug folder it compiled, against my orders, in release mode).
3) I switch in Release mode.
4) then I run.
5) I get the message : "This does not seem to be a "Debug" build. Setting breakpoints by file name and line number may fail."

I don't know.
It seems like something got mess up.

But I Don't know how to fix it.

Please help me.

Mirko

You cannot debug a release version of your program

Netheril
7th July 2011, 05:29
Hi, I had the same problem, but it seems a problem when you change the Build type (from Release to Debug). The solution for me was to clean the project and rebuild it. Afterwards I was able to debug and set breakpoints.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

markanthy
5th November 2013, 00:06
Another cause for the "does not appear to be a debug build" message is running gdb using the cdb engine. to check go to tools->options->build and run->kits and select the kit you are using. next go to the debugger line, choose edit, and make sure you have the right engine for your debugger.