PDA

View Full Version : Qt Creator and Building example widgets on embedded platforme

gusQt1
13th May 2011, 19:20
Hello
Apologizes if this is rather target specific, but I think the question is generic enough to ask hear.
Qt Creator OMAP-L138 and Building DVSDK qtopia example widgets

I have Qt Creator 2.1.0 based on Qt 4.7.1 (32 bit) running under Ubuntu 10.04.LTS with a target of a OMAP-L138 evaluation board.
I went in to Qt Creator Tools-->Options-->Qt4 and manually added a Version named Qt Embedded and pointed the qmake location to be
/home/user/ti-dvsdk_omapl138-evm_4_02_00_06/linux-devkit/bin/qmake
Things I note:

1 there is no mkspec:
showing up when I hover the mouse over my manually added a Version named Qt Embedded.

2 there is never a Auto-detected Qt in PATH.

3 there is a message at the bottom Qt Creator Tools-->Options-->Qt4
Qt version is not properly installed, please run make install.

Where does it want me to run make install from ? Or ??

How do I get a mkspec into the above, and do I need it?

How do I get the Auto-detected Qt in PATH to show up, or is it necessary?

If I shut down Qt-Creator and restart from the command line ie
user@user-desktopUbuntuLTS:~/QtSDK/QtCreator/bin$ ./qtcreator,
the previously manually added Version named Qt Embedded is no longer there?

My goal is to be able to compile some of the supplied Qt widgets in the DVSDK using Qt-Creator and run them on the OMAP-L138 evaluation board touch screen.

Any help or point me to links that may be able to help would be appreciated...
I am a newbie to Qt-Creaitor, and may be trying to do this all wrong?

Please advise any links / advice / examples you can for my issues... Thanks

wysota
14th May 2011, 08:55
What happens if you open a console cd to the directory containing your special qmake release and run "./qmake -v"? Furthermore, if you cd to the "mkspecs" directory inside Qt installation, does it contain a soft link called "default" pointing to a directory named after your platform?

gusQt1
14th May 2011, 12:07
Hello wysota
Wow ! thanks for getting back so fast..
I hope what I have below can help you help me !
Thanks !!

user@user-desktopUbuntuLTS:~/ti-dvsdk_omapl138-evm_4_02_00_06/linux-devkit/bin$ ./qmake -v
QMake version 2.01a
Using Qt version 4.6.3 in /linux-devkit/lib

user@user-desktopUbuntuLTS:~/ti-dvsdk_omapl138-evm_4_02_00_06/linux-devkit$ ls -l mkspecs
lrwxrwxrwx 1 user user 47 2011-05-06 09:28 mkspecs -> arm-none-linux-gnueabi/usr/share/qtopia/mkspecs

user@user-desktopUbuntuLTS:~/ti-dvsdk_omapl138-evm_4_02_00_06/linux-devkit/mkspecs$ ls -l default
lrwxrwxrwx 1 user user 20 2011-05-06 09:28 default -> linux-gnueabi-oe-g++

user@user-desktopUbuntuLTS:~/ti-dvsdk_omapl138-evm_4_02_00_06/linux-devkit/mkspecs$ ls -l linux-gnueabi-oe-g++
lrwxrwxrwx 1 user user 9 2011-05-06 09:28 linux-gnueabi-oe-g++ -> linux-g++

Please let me know if you need anything more, or ?

Added after 10 minutes:

Sorry wysota did you want the mkspecs and hence where QtSDK and Qt Creator is at if so its...
user@user-desktopUbuntuLTS:~/QtSDK/Desktop/Qt/473/gcc/mkspecs$ ls -l default
lrwxrwxrwx 1 user user 9 2011-05-10 15:48 default -> linux-g++

wysota
14th May 2011, 13:23
We don't care about creator or QtSDK. We care about your device Qt installation. It seems your qmake might be broken. Try compiling some simple project with it manually.

gusQt1
14th May 2011, 13:49
Sorry I was going to mention that in the last thread... Yes I can compile manually...

Added after 23 minutes:

OK I'm able to build now (I was loading the wrong .pro I wanted to build in Qt Creator)... However I can not seem to select from the Build-->Open Build/Run Target Selector a target to embedded.. all that shows up is Desktop
Desktop Qt 4.7.3 for GCC (Qt SDK) Release or Debug.. No selection for Embedded or any other.
Sorry for the .pro mixup.

wysota
14th May 2011, 14:06
If you switch to the "Projects" tab, you should be able to click on the "+" sign and choose other targets, provided your target is being detected as non-desktop. If not, you can choose the build configuration from the ui below the target configuration.

gusQt1
14th May 2011, 14:24
Clicking on the Projects icon there are Desktop and Maemo with the - and + sign
Under the General
Qt version I can select my Qt Embedded
There is nothing in the Tool chain: it is grayed out
Shadow build is not checked
Build directory looks ok
Then there is a Error message
Error: The Qt version is invalid: Qt version is not properly installed, pleas.... I cant read the rest..
I think this is related to above
3 there is a message at the bottom Qt Creator Tools-->Options-->Qt4
Qt version is not properly installed, please run make install.

Is this maybe my trouble?
Thanks

wysota
14th May 2011, 14:45
No idea. What exactly would you expect to obtain (apart getting rid of the error)? If you can build using your environment then it seems to work fine regardless of the error.

gusQt1
14th May 2011, 15:10
I would expect to obtain a embedded build that I can run on my target which is embedded Linux.
With the selections as described above when I now attempt to build I get
Build Issues
:-1: error: The Qt version is invalid: Qt version is not properly installed, please run make install
I do not understand what It wants me to do... ?
Thanks

wysota
15th May 2011, 09:01
With the selections as described above when I now attempt to build I get
Build Issues
:-1: error: The Qt version is invalid: Qt version is not properly installed, please run make install
I do not understand what It wants me to do... ?
It wants you to run "make install" ;) And seriously I guess QtCreator detects the path embedded in qmake differs from the one where your installation resides. QMake declares it is using /linux-devkit/lib as the installation path but in reality your Qt installation is elsewhere.

How did you obtain this Qt installation? Did you build it yourself from sources?

gusQt1
15th May 2011, 14:47
OK, run "make install" from which directory / path ?

The Qt installation on
/home/user/ti-dvsdk_omapl138-evm_4_02_00_06/linux-devkit/
came from Texas Insterments... It is part of the DVSDK (Digital Video Software Developers Kit)
I do not know it's origin... other then it is installed when you install the DVSDK. Don't think that helps you to much, sorry

The Qt-Creator and SDK came from
http://qt.nokia.com/products/qt-sdk
That probably does not help you help me ether...

wysota
16th May 2011, 21:13
The Qt installation on
/home/user/ti-dvsdk_omapl138-evm_4_02_00_06/linux-devkit/
came from Texas Insterments... It is part of the DVSDK (Digital Video Software Developers Kit)
I do not know it's origin... other then it is installed when you install the DVSDK. Don't think that helps you to much, sorry
Maybe you should contact the vendor then? Or download the sources from the vendor's website and build the suite yourself.