PDA

View Full Version : The very basics

KingOfHeart
18th May 2011, 16:45
I want to create a small program which will take a BMP Image, replace the green 255 to transparent, and then save it as PNG(making sure not to replace the original) in the same folder or subfolder. I'm hoping to be able to select more then one BMP image at a time.

What are the basic things needed?
Let's talk about what I need to do before the scripting.
I open up my QT, then what? What options do I need for this project?

Now once I do that, what type of menus should I look at? I'm thinking "Browse".
When I get to the scripting, what functions should I try looking up?

high_flyer
18th May 2011, 17:05
From your questions one can understand that you are not familiar with C++ or with programming in general.
Is this correct?

KingOfHeart
18th May 2011, 18:33
I worked with a similar language for years. I recently did some small work with C++ to help improve a program. I barely worked with QT but managed to do a couple of small bug fixes to a project.
Anyways, when I choose a new Project which options should I choose? Does something like this even need a menu? For learning purposes I'll toy around with the different functions to see how they work.
My QT does come with many examples, but never really showed how to start from scratch.

With all the different languages I picked up, I found out I learn best by memorizing common functions and using them over and over again.
Hand me a book and I'll just drift off.

wysota
18th May 2011, 19:43
If you don't know what options to choose, always go for the defaults. And I'm speaking in general and not only about Qt. And follow the logic -- if you are implementing an application for a PC, don't choose a "HTML 5 application".