PDA

View Full Version : Any API converting different file format to POSTSCRIPT file format?

surwassu
31st May 2011, 13:41
Hi All,
Hey guys I am in search for any api for converting various file formats into Postscript..
Is there any way?
Thank you very much for inversting your valuable time.

Regards,
Sumit

mvuori
31st May 2011, 22:31
The way I see it, it would be a very serious API and way outside the scope of Qt.

wysota
31st May 2011, 22:49
What kind of formats? Basically Ghostscript handles a number of formats or you can use libmagick from ImageMagick but that will probably give you just a bitmap embedded into a postscript container.

surwassu
1st June 2011, 05:52
What kind of formats? Basically Ghostscript handles a number of formats or you can use libmagick from ImageMagick but that will probably give you just a bitmap embedded into a postscript container.
Hi,
Thanx for reply..
I want to convert pdf to postscript file in QT only....
What do you think about setouputFormat() function? will it print in PS format? if yes then I think that means ,it used for conversion into PS format...Is it so?

Is there Any other way in Qt?

Regards,
Sumit

Added after 13 minutes:

Hi,

Is there any way to use Ghostscript in Qt.?

Regards,
Sumit:)

wysota
1st June 2011, 08:51
I want to convert pdf to postscript file in QT only....
It's easiest to use an external tool such as pdf2ps.

What do you think about setouputFormat() function? will it print in PS format?
It will but how will you read a pdf file first? You could do that using poppler but that will probably just give you a bitmap.

Is there any way to use Ghostscript in Qt.?
Sure, use QProcess.

surwassu
1st June 2011, 09:28
It's easiest to use an external tool such as pdf2ps.

It will but how will you read a pdf file first? You could do that using poppler but that will probably just give you a bitmap.

Sure, use QProcess.

hi ,
Thanks for reply
I will try using that......
Regards,
Sumit