PDA

View Full Version : accessible Clients

jörg
31st May 2011, 16:15
I try do make my software work for Accessible Clients.
Each time the focus goes to a tree-view, the screen-reader software says something like 'tree-view'....
How can i change that, so the clients doesn't say 'treeview' but something application-defined.
i tried setAccessibleName on the treewidget, but with no effect. the item in the tree views are read out fine.
Any hints?

Thank you,
Jörg

Santosh Reddy
2nd June 2011, 06:04
Did you try setObjectName()? I never tried it though.

jörg
8th June 2011, 13:53
thank you for the answere Santosh.
I tried setObjectName() now, with the same result unfortunately.

do you have an other idea?

Santosh Reddy
9th June 2011, 07:09
is this working on other than treeview widgets in you app

jörg
9th June 2011, 09:12
no i have a other treeview widget, but its the same. the items in the widget are working fine but the treeview itself just say treeview.
i have an other problem with accessibility either: to focus goes to a switch it reads out the status of the switch as it should. when the user presses the button, the state changes and so the accessibleName changes too. how to tell the accessiblesoftware the read out the changes accessibleName without the user has to move the focus next and back?

jörg
10th June 2011, 18:56
sorry i got you wrong....
other widgets in my app have the same problem. QLabels für example say something like 'Label'. but its not this important for them cause they read out what i told them to either.
lets say i use setAccessibleName("i am a text") its says 'i am a text - Label'.
only on threeviews it justs says 'treeview' and not the accessible text...

wysota
10th June 2011, 20:04
Did you try QWidget::accessibleDescription property? One of the two should be working.

Also have a look here: http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qq/qq24-accessibility.html

jörg
15th June 2011, 14:40
thansk for your answer.
yes i tried QWidget::accessibleDescription. its still the same.
the items in the treeview are working fine, but the treeview itself keeps saying 'treeview'....