PDA

View Full Version : cdb as debugger

pkj
4th June 2011, 21:05
Hi,
I am trying to setup cdb with qt creator v2.2 . Downloaded the Debugging Tools for Windows(x86) from web, installed it as said in document in C:/Program Files... set the symbol server as said in the document. But when debugging, it gives a warning "The preferred debugger engine for debugging binaries of type 'x86-windows-msvc2008-pe-32bit is not available" and uses gdb... What am I doing wrong..

Added after 24 minutes:

Well I removed and re-installed it a couple of times, and then it worked... Strange... couldn't figure out what I did wrong, or what I did right to make it working!!

DIMEDROLL
20th December 2011, 15:33
You need to install Debugging tools for Windows, it can be freely downloaded from Microsoft's website:
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=8442

This is written in Qt Creator documentation. I have downloladed x64 iso file for my Windows 7 x64 and installed Debugging tools only. It worked
Also look at, Qt Creator menu Tools -> Options -> Tool chain, it should automatically detect your MSVC 9 (2008) compiler and CDB, if not, you must add it manually.

accfews
27th January 2012, 10:47
For now i'm ok with GDB is there anyway to disable this warning?

DIMEDROLL
27th January 2012, 14:59
You need to change your project configuration to use MinGW compiler instead of MSVC, it can be done in left side pane in Qt Creator