PDA

View Full Version : application not running qvfb

sanjeet
7th June 2011, 04:44
Hi Everybody,

My application is not running in qvfb.

I have to build the application for ARM architecture. I am new to Qt, for embedded devices, so i am giving you detail how i have installed my Qt and how i am running the application.

I have downloaded both version of Qt, Qt for X11/Linux and Qt for Embedded Linux. Even though i got the same source file (at least by name) i am treating as different. Now i have :
Qt X11 : qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.3
Qt for Embedded : qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.3
Host : Fedora

We can execute a Qt for Embedded Linux application on my development PC although my X-server is running, through Qt-Virtual Frame buffer (QVFb), so before going in to actual device i am trying to run through qvfb.

(A) First of all i have configured and install Qt for X11 (from source of qt for X11/Linux)in this way :
(1) ./configure -prefix /usr/local/NewQt/Qt-4.7.3/X11/
(i have changed the path because i have older version too)
(2) make
(3) make install

(B) and then i have build the qfvb tool in this way :
(1) i entered in to the /tools/qvfb directory
(2) make
(3) make install

(C) and last i have build qvfb version of Qt (from source of qt for embedded linux)in this way :
(1) ./configure -qt-gfx-qvfb -qt-kbd-qvfb -qt-mouse-qvfb -prefix /usr/local/NewQt/Qt-4.7.3/QVFb/
(2) make
(3) make install

Now whenever i am trying to run a qvfb application, it runs in a window of its own and not in qvfb. Means qfvb running separately and my application running in separate window.

Steps what i am following to run the application:
(1) Starts qfvb
(2) Going in to /usr/local/NewQt/Qt-4.7.3/QVFb/examples/widgets/wiggle and execute ./wiggle -qws

Either i am running the qfvb and application in same tab or in different tab i am getting same problem "application starts in a window of its own in place of application should start in the qvfb window".

Now what is the problem ? Am i running the application in wrong way ....... or i have configured the Qt in wrong way ?

Can you help me anybody ?

Thanks & Regards,
Sanjeet

sanjeet
11th June 2011, 17:58
Hi Everybody,

I got solution of my problem on this forum only.
Actually, kirants(dated:14Jan,2011) had asked similar type of question,
and rielyns(dated:9Feb,2011) had answered him.
So, first of all special thanks to KIRANTS and RIELYNS.
I have tried rielyns suggestion and now my qfvb is running in proper way.

Thanks & Regards,
Sanjeet