PDA

View Full Version : [Mac] How to use QuickTime to open a Movie and set the frame to QImage?

Gonzalez
29th October 2006, 23:12
Hi to all ,

I am now using a Mac 10.4.8 with Qt 4.2.

I would like to know how to open a Movie File using QucikTime library and then put the frame into QImage.

Thanks.

wysota
30th October 2006, 00:15
It's rather a QT question, not a Qt one ;)

Gonzalez
31st October 2006, 19:47
Anyone can help me?

wysota
1st November 2006, 23:03
If you don't insist on using QuickTime library, you can use (for example) libavcodec from ffmpeg package and decode the frame you want and put it into QImage. If you insist on using QuickTime directly, I suggest you ask that question on QuickTime forums as this has nothing to do with Qt. If you have the image bitmap, putting it into QImage is easy - there are QImage constructors which take the image data as an argument.

Gonzalez
27th January 2007, 14:48
If you don't insist on using QuickTime library, you can use (for example) libavcodec from ffmpeg package and decode the frame you want and put it into QImage.

Well , i am now interesting in using ffmpeg with Qt 4 , any tutorial or documentation how to use ffmpeg in Qt 4?

Thanks.

wysota
27th January 2007, 16:37
I managed to create a widget showing the video stream from within the movie by following a tutorial I found in the net, but was unable to receive sound output, so I can't help you much with a complete solution yet.

Gonzalez
28th January 2007, 11:58
Thanks for your reply , wysota.

I managed to create a widget showing the video stream from within the movie by following a tutorial I found in the net

Could you please post the URL of this tutorial?.
I have no idea how to use ffmpeg with Qt 4 , and this can help me a lot.

wysota
28th January 2007, 12:07
I suggest you start with the example from ffmpeg site.