PDA

View Full Version : Qt compilation errors

ToddAtWSU
30th October 2006, 21:39
I have been creating a plotting library on a solaris system running Qt 4.1.4. I have been working on integration to 4.2.1, but have been sidetracked by other tasks. One of these tasks was to take my library to another network and get it running on a Linux machine also running Qt 4.1.4. When I try to compile I get errors saying qgl.h tries to use GL_RGBA8 but the compiler does not know what this is. I have upgraded my OpenGL version and have version 2.0.2 and should need as minimal as version 1.2. However, I also have Qt 4.2.1 installed on the Linux machine and I decided to try and compile using Qt 4.2.1 even though I don't know if things will all run correctly. To my surprise using Qt 4.2.1 I was able to compile my library just fine. If I change the path of my Qt installation to 4.1.4, I cannot compile again. But switching the path to 4.2.1 I am again able to compile. I was able to compile using 4.1.4 on the Solaris machines on my other network. Does anyone know why I can compile on Solaris with 4.1.4 but I cannot on Linux with 4.1.4 when it has proper OpenGL versions. And why can 4.2.1 compile correctly? Thanks once again for your help!

ToddAtWSU
31st October 2006, 17:29
I had a variable declared in my .cshrc file and this was pointing to Qt 4.1.4 while I was trying to build using QT 4.2.1. By updating my .cshrc file I was able to successfully build my library. Thanks anyways!