PDA

View Full Version : Qt 4.2.1 Run Time Error

Rayven
31st October 2006, 03:06
I am working with ToddAtWSU and are trying to upgrade from Qt4.1.4 to 4.2.1. (ToddAtWSU's Post (http://www.qtcentre.org/forum/f-qt-programming-2/t-qt-compilation-errors-4239.html)). I have installed Qt 4.2.1 successfully and was able to compile the code without any errors. When I attempt to run the application however, I get a "unresolved symbol <series of letters>QApplication<series of letters>". I read on a previous post about putting a -rdynamic in the linker flags. I am not using g++/gcc for my linker step, but pgf77 (Portland Group). I have used the -Bdynamic flag in the pgf77 compiler, but I still get this error. I have been using Qt 4.1.4 for this same set of code, and everything has worked fine until installing 4.2.1. Since installing (on both Red Hat and Solaris 9, with different application code) I have had this problem occur on two different networks and 2 different applications. I am really at a loss as to what is going on! Any advice ye all knowing sages? :confused: Thanks

Rayven
31st October 2006, 17:13
:o I was looking at my PATH environment variable, and I still had the path set to the Qt-4.1.4 directory. Once I set the PATH the Qt-4.2.1 path, everything worked fine. Chalk this one up to neglegence.

Thanks