PDA

View Full Version : WindowBlinds

rianquinn
29th January 2006, 23:44
I am developing on Window XP, and have WindowBlinds 5 installed and running. For some reason, no matter what theme I use with WindowBlinds, all of my qt apps are being painted as if no theme was being used. I can't see scroll bars, buttons. Nothing.

I use Qt 3 a lot at work (under Linux), and I an run an app called qtconfig that will let me change the look and feel of any qt app that I run. Is there a way to do this with qt 4 in windows. If not, what do I do about this problem. I know this is a silly question, but more and more people are using WindowBlinds (now that it brings per-pixel alpha blending to Windows XP), and this could become a bigger issue in the future.

Thanks Everyone
Rian

Chicken Blood Machine
30th January 2006, 00:29
I am developing on Window XP, and have WindowBlinds 5 installed and running. For some reason, no matter what theme I use with WindowBlinds, all of my qt apps are being painted as if no theme was being used. I can't see scroll bars, buttons. Nothing.

You can't see them, or they are in the wrong style?

I use Qt 3 a lot at work (under Linux), and I an run an app called qtconfig that will let me change the look and feel of any qt app that I run. Is there a way to do this with qt 4 in windows. If not, what do I do about this problem. I know this is a silly question, but more and more people are using WindowBlinds (now that it brings per-pixel alpha blending to Windows XP), and this could become a bigger issue in the future.

Thanks Everyone
Rian

Please verify if your apps are in the default XP style or not. If your Qt is configured with the Windows XP style plugin, it should pick up the current theming whatever it is. If your app does not look like a Windows XP app, then you need to reconfigure Qt with -style-windowsxp

rianquinn
1st February 2006, 03:25
If you were to remove the entire windows theming engine, you would have nothing more than flat white widgets, with no outlining, or shadows so you can't see the difference between the scrollbar and the rest of the form. ZSame goes for all buttons, tree views...... This is a problem with all qt apps when using WindowBlinds. In qt3 you can run qtconfig and it tells qt to use a specific style instead of the WindowsXP style. I have all of the styles built into Qt, how do I tell qt to use, say the Plastique style instead of the WindowsXP style.

Chicken Blood Machine
1st February 2006, 05:09
Run your app like this:

myapp.exe -style=plastique

You can also do QApplication::setStyle("plastique"); in the code to hardcode the style (I wouldn't though).

rianquinn
1st February 2006, 14:01
I have it working for the applications that I write, it Qt itself that has the problem. Like Designer, Assistant. I can't see anything. I don't have any problems with the applications I write myself because I can change the code as I please. I would do the same thing for designer and assistant, but it seems to me this is a bit drastic when there used to be a thing called qtconfig that would do this for you.

Chicken Blood Machine
1st February 2006, 17:33
You can set your shortucts for Designer, Assistant, etc to run:

designer.exe -style="platique"
assistant.exe -style="plastique",

etc.

Brandybuck
6th April 2006, 06:40
There is a qtconfig for Qt4