PDA

View Full Version : connecting project in visual c++ with interface in qt?

Abeer
20th June 2011, 23:07
I have a project depends on the OpenCV and FANN library of artificial neural networks. This project runs in Visual C++.
I want to make a graphical user interface by using QT.
Is this possible?

stampede
20th June 2011, 23:12
What kind of project is this ? A console application, or maybe you have some gui already ?
You can always create a library and use it from Qt application, or expose your app via command line interface and use it with QProcess.
Describe this project more, so it'll be easier to figure out good solution.

Abeer
20th June 2011, 23:29
What kind of project is this ? A console application, or maybe you have some gui already ?
You can always create a library and use it from Qt application, or expose your app via command line interface and use it with QProcess.
Describe this project more, so it'll be easier to figure out good solution.

Hi stampede,

My project is road sign detection & recognition by using neural networks.
It needs openCV for image processing, & FANN lib for creating & using NNW.
So, I used visual c++6.

It is a console application, and I didn't have any gui.

I want to make GUI to display images before & after processing.

stampede
20th June 2011, 23:36
Ok, so you have core algorithms implemented. I think it could be nice to put them into library.
For display you'll need to provide conversion methods, from IplImage (probably this is what you use) to QImage, and then QPixmap for display. Or if you use OpenGL module, you can displa the image data without any conversions as a OpenGL texture (again, if you are using OpenCV IplImages ).

Abeer
20th June 2011, 23:44
I just need to know if i can use qt with visual c++6?
what tools that i need it to download it and start?

stampede
20th June 2011, 23:53
ok, so maybe try with Qt for windows (VS2008) (http://qt.nokia.com/downloads/windows-cpp-vs2008) :)

Abeer
21st June 2011, 00:00
That means: I can't using qt with vs6 :(

Thank you for help.

ChrisW67
21st June 2011, 02:15
Well, you could rebuild you console app with the free to download Microsoft Windows SDK (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/ff851942) compiler and then you wouldn't have problems supporting an end-of-life compiler.