PDA

View Full Version : No anti-aliased fonts on Ubuntu when going from 4.7.1->4.7.2

smacchia
22nd June 2011, 20:49
I've been building my app on Ubuntu with qt 4.7.1 that I built from source. The fonts rendered anti-aliased without an issue. Then I built 4.7.2 and 4.7.3 and built my app against each. In both cases the fonts are not anti-aliased.

I've done nothing else, so does anyone have any hints why the different builds have no anti-aliasing?

Thanks in advance.

Rachol
22nd June 2011, 21:04
do you still have the app built with 4.7.1? Does it still get font anti-aliased? I have had an issue before, that after Kubuntu update I got fonts not anti-aliased anymore. I had to change some settings in the system. The same problem I had in WindowsXp( lucky me :) ) I had to install some patch and edit some registers.

smacchia
22nd June 2011, 21:43
Yes - I rebuilt it again with 4.7.1 and I have the anti-aliased fonts. I tried changing some settings (after some time googling) all to no avail. I modified ~/.fonts.conf (it was fine), updated SystemSettings->Appearance->Fonts and it's set to use anti-aliasing with a medium hinting style and no exclusions.

I'm stumped here...