PDA

View Full Version : Qt Configuration option to use GStreamer from inside QtApplication

kishore1885
23rd June 2011, 08:05
I'm trying to build Qt framework from sources.

And I need the configuration options which will enable me to use GStreamer from inside Qt application (QCoreApplication & QThread).

I prefer not to include phonon (due to size & speed constraints, we don't want to include modules which we won't be using).

We already have a mediaplayer(C++) which uses Gstreamer, just want to include that into Qt.

Thanks in Advance...!

Santosh Reddy
23rd June 2011, 08:22
First hit in Google (http://www.developer.nokia.com/Community/Wiki/How_to_use_gstreamer_with_Qt)

kishore1885
23rd June 2011, 09:24
Thanks for the reply.

But that was not what I was looking for. The link you specified allows me to know how to write an application in Qt to use GStreamer.

My need was to know the configuration options to build Qt (when you run ./configure inside Qt source folder), which enables the applications using GStreamer to run in Qt.

The link didn't provide me any such configuration options.

I already have the application(source code & project file), i'm also able to build it properly.

But unable to run and I doubt that I've done something wrong while building Qt itself(i've disabled phonon).

Hence please suggest me the options that should be included...

Thanks... :)

Santosh Reddy
23rd June 2011, 09:39
Do you want to use Phonon with GStreamer as backend?

What is the platform being used?

Also see if this link (http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7/phonon-overview.html) helps

kishore1885
23rd June 2011, 11:50
Hi Santosh,

We can't use phonon.

As I've said, we already have a C++ appilcation(mediaplayer) which uses GStreamer framework to do audio & video playback.

When we integrated this application and ran it as a thread in QCoreApplication, we are able to create the pipeline, do pause, play, seek etc. but we are not getting any sort of notifications in function which we register to GStreamer Bus using gst_bus_add_watch();

So, I needed the configuration options for Qt.

I went throught the Qt configuration options. I got some like -gstreamer, -glib, -phonon.

I tried with -glib, -gstreamer. Yet I don't seem to get the notifications..