PDA

View Full Version : HTML5 in Webview in QML (performance issue)

aya_lawliet
23rd June 2011, 14:56
Hi,

I was looking for a page flip animation using QML, I found the flip board example, but not really what I wanted to do. Can you point me to any resources I can use for page flip animation? or any tutorials for page flip animation?

I found an html5 example of a page flip demo in html5 rocks. i integrated this example in webview using QML, but when i ran it on the device, it is really really slow, almost as if nothings happens.

Is it not advisable to use html5 animations in QML? I'm just a beginner in Qt/QML and I still have a lot to learn in animation in QML, since there are a few examples available. html5 has a lot of animation examples that's why I decided to try them.. :C but the performance is really a no-no.

Thanks!

Added after 14 minutes:

by the way, here is the link i tried to integrate in webview.

http://www.html5rocks.com/static/demos/20things_pageflip/example/index.html

wysota
23rd June 2011, 22:55
If you're after speed on a slow device then I suggest you implement the effect in C++ as a QtQuick plugin.

aya_lawliet
27th June 2011, 13:27
But is the effect possible using QML (without webview) or Qt? I think there will be lesser performance issue by using them.

I haven't seen any code implementing this, just the Qt3d Demo of Page Flip, which is really good (as I've seen from the videos), but I think the implementation for this is not yet for release, thus, it couldn't be used for apps that should be published anytime soon..

wysota
27th June 2011, 16:34
But is the effect possible using QML (without webview) or Qt? I think there will be lesser performance issue by using them.
I don't understand your question. I just told you to implement it in Qt/C++. You have JavaScript code, just rewrite it in C++. The effect is really simple.

aya_lawliet
29th June 2011, 06:13
uhm yeah, about that,

I'm just a noob on c++/qt. And I'm not really sure how to implement that javascritp code using c++ since it uses canvas and context 2d. I'll just have to learn it then

Thanks.