PDA

View Full Version : Help in the executable

mukunda
4th July 2011, 10:55
Hi ,

I've deployed my application and it is running successfully. The application has a need of Qt4 assistant for help. We have created the help files using the document given in Qt Developer documents. I've also included the assistant and its respective shared objects in my deployment folder, but i could not access assistant. Please help in solving this.

mcosta
4th July 2011, 13:04
Here you can read how to use Assistant as custom help viewer

mukunda
5th July 2011, 08:10
Here you can read how to use Assistant as custom help viewer

I've used assistant as custom help viewer when i was developing the code.But when i deployed the application in another system , there should be assistant present in that system. If it is not present how can the help work in the deployed application? Should i copy the assistant to the deployed system and all the library files along with it or is there any other way.

mcosta
5th July 2011, 08:48
You have to copy assistant and its dependencies to the target system.

mukunda
5th July 2011, 08:52
Thanks for the reply, could you please let me know where to copy the assistant? If I include the dependencies in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH will it suffice?

mcosta
5th July 2011, 08:59
use ldd to find assistant dependencies, then copy all libraries in the same directory where you copy the executable. it's the same you do with your executable

ChrisW67
5th July 2011, 08:59
The assistant is dependent on many of the same Qt libs your program is. If you put them in the same place as your deployed application finds them then they should be found when you launch assistant from inside your app. If you want to launch assistant from outside you app then use the same launch wrapper script.