PDA

View Full Version : Installing FANN lib in Qt creator!

Abeer
9th July 2011, 07:29
Hi everybody,

I'm really not sure if my question is in correct place or not!
so, I'm sorry if it wrong!

anyway, I just need to know if it possible to install FANN (lib of neural networks) in qt or not?

I searched for a guaranteed experiment to integrate FANN with qt, but until today I couldn't find it!

So, if anyone have an idea about it, I will be grateful for him if he tell me.. :)

ChrisW67
9th July 2011, 08:04
Yes. Just build/install FANN and put the appropriate things (INCLUDEPATH and LIBS) in your Qt project file.

Abeer
9th July 2011, 22:43
I know how put the appropriate things, but my FANN library folder contains header and source files only. It doesn't contain any lib or *.dll files!!

So, I didn't know how deal with it to build & install it!

Thanks ChrisW67.

squidge
9th July 2011, 23:18
Have you tried just including the source file with your own and using the header files to call its exposed methods?

Abeer
10th July 2011, 00:38
Yes squidge ,
I tried to do that, but I got hundreds of errors!!

:(

ChrisW67
10th July 2011, 07:43
I know how put the appropriate things, but my FANN library folder contains header and source files only. It doesn't contain any lib or *.dll files!! So, I didn't know how deal with it to build & install it!
You did build the FANN library after you downloaded it, didn't you? The instructions are in the INSTALL file in the FANN download, and the result is about half-a-dozen dynamic and static library files. This part of the process has nothing to do with Qt.

It seems a fairly simple library so you might get away with actually including the FANN source in your code, but you need to include all the relevant headers also.

Abeer
10th July 2011, 08:51
You did build the FANN library after you downloaded it, didn't you? The instructions are in the INSTALL file in the FANN download, and the result is about half-a-dozen dynamic and static library files. This part of the process has nothing to do with Qt.

It seems a fairly simple library so you might get away with actually including the FANN source in your code, but you need to include all the relevant headers also.

I found some commands to build it, (here: http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.qt.general/40928)

So, I got libfann.a file and I used it as a lib, and it works!
but results of calculations of neural nets not correct!!

I didn't know how I can fix it!