PDA

View Full Version : wireless oscilloscope

gabry10
10th July 2011, 00:08
Hi every body

I am new in the QT programming i have a project which is a wireless oscilloscope
where i receive data from a client via WiFi then i must read this data and plot it
the problem is i have the server code and it works perfectly as it receives the data in a perfect way also i have a sample of oscilloscope which generates a sine wave and plots it .
but the problem is that i can't merge the two codes with each other so is there any one who can help
the time is critical for me as i have to submit the project this Monday (11/7/2011)

thank you all in advance

squidge
10th July 2011, 00:17
Well, your unlikely to learn Qt by Monday.

What have you written so far? Surely they give you more than a weekend for a project? They normally give you several months?

DanH
10th July 2011, 13:42
Yeah, I think you shouldn't have waited so long to start on your homework project. What you want to do is fundamentally easy if you know how to program, it just takes some work (likely a couple of week's worth, even if you already knew Qt).

MarekR22
11th July 2011, 12:24
Some time ago I used standard VISA (virtual instrument standard architecture) to do such things.
Good thing about this is that network layer is hidden by standard, you just programing device (oscilloscope) using this standard and then just configure VISA to handle device on other computer.
Most good companies in this industry supports this standard: National Instrument, Techtronix, LeCroy.
Your deadline is just funny, good luck :).