PDA

View Full Version : QtDIR\bin vs QtDIR\qt\bin libraries

produktdotestow
11th July 2011, 10:30
Hi.
I noticed that in my Qt installation directory i have two folders with Qt libraries (such as QtCore4.dll etc). One of them (QtDIR\bin) contains libraries which are smaller then those of the second (QtDIR\qt\bin) folder. What should I do to be able to use this smaller files? Right now, when I copy them to my app release dir and I'm trying to open program - I get error "Procedure entry point not found (...)". I see this message in polish, so it could sound a bit differently in english.

Thanks in advance.

mvuori
11th July 2011, 10:49
Why would you want to use the smaller files when they, based on your experience, do not work? When it comes to DLLs, smaller usually means older and those files are probably from an older Qt version and will not work with your application. You can see what Qt version they belong to by checking the files' properties.

produktdotestow
11th July 2011, 16:26
Both are from the same Qt version.

I want to use smaller files, because... they are smaller. Installer will be "lighter" -> faster download, better "impression" on the user etc.
Anyway.. it's not important why, important how :)

Anyone have any idea?

ChrisW67
12th July 2011, 00:39
I assume your "QtDIR" is an SDK install location. The files in bin directory are the run-time libraries to support Qt Creator and were built with the compiler used to build Qt Creator (MSVC).

The files in the qt/bin directory are the ones built with whatever compiler was used to build this development version of Qt. If the this is MingW then the files are typically a little larger than the equivalent MSVC versions. These files match your application which is built with the same compiler.

Nothing stops you using the Microsoft compiler if you are that worried about a few hundred KB.

dbzhang800
12th July 2011, 02:35
If your Qt SDK installed in D:\Qt2010.5\ ,
Then ,%QTDIR% should be D:\Qt2010.5\qt\ instead of D:\Qt2010.5\

If you just install Qt Framework, then %QTDIR% is the directory where you install it, such as D:\4.7.3