PDA

View Full Version : Crash : Internal error: pc 0x47 in read in psymtab, but not in symtab.

tonnot
18th July 2011, 09:08
I can view that the point that rise the error is located (every time at different point) inside a generic "ui_ui.h" that is a widget I create from main window.

(Internal error: pc 0x47 in read in psymtab, but not in symtab.)
(Internal error: pc 0x0 in read in psymtab, but not in symtab.)

Any idea about the origin of this error ?
Any idea about where I have to review my code?

NOTE: After disabled and re-enabled the calling function for this widget and two runs, all works fine again .....

Thanks

high_flyer
18th July 2011, 15:21
Just the code in a debugger, and see which line is crashing, and post it here.

tonnot
18th July 2011, 17:46
Thanks for your attention:
I wrote a NOTE at this post at 10:13, After disabled and re-enabled the calling function for this widget and two runs, all works fine again .....
Ok, now 18:08, I have again this strange crash:
On every debug session I have a different error: (outputed to the application output view)

- Heap missing last entry in committed range near bcceb20
- Internal error: pc 0x47 in read in psymtab, but not in symtab
- HEAP: Free Heap block bcce698 modified at bccef30 after it was freed

I'm going to try explain the environment in which the crash happen:
I have a openGL QGLwidget I'm developing, I think the problem is it.

I can place the crash always at UI_setup of a Dialog in which I have this widget inserted and promoted to the appropiate class.
The crash happens during the UI_setup, sometimes at
listView = new QListView(frame);
sometimes at :
QFont font;

But the more strange Is that after denoted to QWidget and re-promoted again all works fine again
Sincerely, I dont know where to search.
Which is the reason because I can work 8 hours without errors and by any strange reason and suddenly this crash?
Any idea ?

I know that this is a very poor information for my problem but I dont know how to show more details.

Thanks

high_flyer
19th July 2011, 11:40
- Heap missing last entry in committed range near bcceb20
- Internal error: pc 0x47 in read in psymtab, but not in symtab
- HEAP: Free Heap block bcce698 modified at bccef30 after it was freed

Looks like you have bad pointer/s, and/or you are reallocating stuff, that maybe some local pointers still try to call on a previous allocation...
You have to go through all your dynamic allocations, and make sure none are leaking, or being re allocated before the previous is delete and that you don't have any dangling pointers around etc...