PDA

View Full Version : close button in twm - WM_DELETE_WINDOW issue

deepakn
20th July 2011, 14:34
Hi all,

Stuck with an issue on close[X] button on title bar.
Our app runs through (Windows) VNC Client using twm - a lightweight window manager (http://xwinman.org/vtwm.php) from Fedora 7[kinda stuck with that distro :( ]. I have reimplemented the close() call for additional functionality in my app. Now when the [X] button is pressed, it does not perform those calls, and the subprocesses generated while the app was in action does not get killed. The default QPushButton at the bottom of the dialog does the job well though.

I did some research and found that app needs to catch WM_DELETE_WINDOW message. I am currently working on it. Meanwhile wanted to check if someone had faced this issue before / someone had found a solution. Any pointers would be much appreciated.

high_flyer
21st July 2011, 13:57
I have reimplemented the close() call for additional functionality in my app. Now when the [X] button is pressed, it does not perform those calls, and the subprocesses generated while the app was in action does not get killed. The default QPushButton at the bottom of the dialog does the job well though.
Do you mean by that, that the close() slot is not being called?
Can you post your reimplementation?
Is this a QWidget subclass or a higher leverl, QDialog or QMainWindow?