PDA

View Full Version : Qt-Wiki ???

GreyGeek
30th January 2006, 18:09
I am looking for a Qt-Wike which is not assoicated with the old QtForum.

I want to post a beginner's tutorial to it. Any one have a URL, or can we start one on QtCentre? :confused:

jacek
30th January 2006, 19:20
We decided to use Joomla CMS instead of wiki. You can use "Submit Article" link (which I have activated for you*). You can find it on the bottom of any non-forum page. If you wish you can also send us HTML sources and we will put it on the server for you.

* If somebody else also wants to publish an article on our site, please contact us (http://www.qtcentre.org/index.php?option=com_contact&Itemid=30).

GreyGeek
30th January 2006, 20:25
We decided to use Joomla CMS instead of wiki. You can use "Submit Article" link (which I have activated for you*). You can find it on the bottom of any non-forum page. If you wish you can also send us HTML sources and we will put it on the server for you.

* If somebody else also wants to publish an article on our site, please contact us (http://www.qtcentre.org/index.php?option=com_contact&Itemid=30).

I wrote the 52 page GPL document using OOo 2.0 and saved it as an ODT file and as an HTML document. I have zipped the html document and its graphic files into a zip file that is 356Kb. The ODT file is 425Kb. Or, would you suggest that I re-enter the document using the tools on the Joomla CMS?

My goal is to have it as the basis of a publically edited learning tool.

jacek
30th January 2006, 20:47
Or, would you suggest that I re-enter the document using the tools on the Joomla CMS?
It's just a matter of cut and paste with some corrections. If you wish, we can do it for you.

My goal is to have it as the basis of a publically edited learning tool.
You will be able to edit your article. The problem with wiki is that we would have to integrate it with vBulletin ourselves and this won't be possible until March.

GreyGeek
30th January 2006, 21:24
It's just a matter of cut and paste with some corrections. If you wish, we can do it for you.
I think I'll give it a try, for a learning experience and to see how it goes. If I get into trouble "we" can bail me out! :)

You will be able to edit your article. The problem with wiki is that we would have to integrate it with vBulletin ourselves and this won't be possible until March.

OK, I'll give the CMS a shot. Until vBulletin is up then could folks msg me with their corrections, additions and improvements?

BTW, I "thought" I had uploaded the GPL version of the document in a previous msg, but it appears I sent an in-house version instead. :o
So, I will send you the HTML file of the GPL ODT version just so you can have it on hand for a reference.

GreyGeek
31st January 2006, 05:13
OK, I'll give the CMS a shot.

Well, I gave it a "shot". It shot back. :eek:

Cutting and pasting 56 pages into the CMS isn't an easy task. The OOo clipboard, filled by Ctrl-C in OOo, doesn't reliably paste with Ctrl-V in FireFox.

To add insult to injury, after I FINALLY got all the article pasted in, the "Save" button wouldn't save and the "X" button wouldn't cancel. Both gave a msg box saying the "script quit working", or something like that, with the options to "Continue" or "Stop Script". Neither of those worked either. The check button gave no noticeable response at all.

What would be nice is a simple "upload" feature for either html or odt files.

wysota
31st January 2006, 17:34
You can always send it via mail using address from the "contact" box.

jacek
31st January 2006, 18:21
I will try to upload that article on the server when I find a bit of free time.