PDA

View Full Version : Trying to use QColormap in order to graph curves with different colors in Qwt.

BettaUseYoNikes
27th July 2011, 18:01
There is not much documentation on how to use QColormap so I am wondering if it will work for my purposes. Basically I have plots that have any number of curves on them. So I want to create a color map with the required amount of colors when I am plotting so that each can have its own unique color. Is QColormap the right way to go? My other option that I have been looking at was from some Matlab code in which a Matrix of RBG values can be generated and then used to define a color for each curve.

Uwe
27th July 2011, 19:37
So I want to create a color map with the required amount of colors when I am plotting so that each can have its own unique color. Is QColormap the right way to go?
No.

My other option that I have been looking at was from some Matlab code in which a Matrix of RBG values can be generated and then used to define a color for each curve.
Maybe spend some time on understanding what RGB values are. You don't need any 3rd party software to implement something trivial like this.

Uwe